The Windows Open Wider

Powered by eSnips.com

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Melt Her

Do something for me the next time you watch The Wizard of Oz. Pay close attention when the Wicked Witch of the West is melting. She says something to the effect of, "You've destroyed my lovely wickedness!" Those may not be the exact words, but you get the picture. Ponder that. There's a story behind those words. There's something more to that witch than a comic and ineffectual villan. Imagine a world where those who are supposedly 'good' are so corrupt and self-righteous that they could drive the witch to do anything to thwart them. It's sad to think that this is the kind of world that I live in, but I shouldn't be surprised.

Now this is what I've learned since last night: You have to take your pain and turn it into something that matters. Anything can be overcome. I've reached the lowest depths that I've seen so far in my life, and now I have to decide whether or not I want to climb out again.

No comments: