The Windows Open Wider

Powered by eSnips.com

Monday, March 05, 2007

Do Not Ask For Whom The Bell Tolls--It Tolls For Thee

The door takes forever to close. It's like one of those huge dungeon doors, the kind that closes with thunder a minute after you pass through. By no visible hand, it closes. The darkness falls like a velvet curtain, complete with dust. It chokes and tickles the throat and lungs. A spasm of coughing is the only sound that echoes through the vacant realm, excepting that of an overdramatic voice that seems to emanate from the ceiling. What? Why are you looking at me like that? I like to narrate things. It's fun. Well, because I always wanted to narrate scary movies. What do you mean, why don't I just write a book? BECAUSE A BOOK IS NOT LOUD ENOUGH! The booming noise deafens all who anger the voices. Check that shit out, bitch! I control your reality!

No comments: