The Windows Open Wider

Powered by eSnips.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I guess I got what I deserved, didn’t I?
This is the price I have to pay to get to where I’m going. I’ve pushed people back for so long that nobody bothers anymore. You can’t keep a stray cat. I’ll only run away again. I’ve gnawed my own foot off to escape the traps that have been laid for me. Everything is just a procession of unremarkable moments, so I’ll sleep to make them go faster. Why be there at all? Nothing will be different. “We all get tired; I mean eventually, there is nothing left to do but sleep." Every day is like Sunday. So I wandered off, does it matter? I don't think it did. If anyone noticed or cared, they would have come looking for me. The funny thing is, I don't want them to. All I'm trying to do is differentiate today from yesterday. All I want to know is that something is happening, that something is real. Maybe I can't get that. Maybe the fact that I walk away is what is keeping me from finding anything. Maybe they keep looking for me, but I've hidden so well that I just can't be found. Maybe I see someone comeing and run in terror. Maybe I'm always going to walk away. Let me walk away, please.

No comments: